Monday 25 March 2013

Twinings Tea Tours & becoming a Disney Trainer

Hello Disney joy fans!! It's been a while! I am, as always sat on the C bus on the way to work. It is my Monday (Sunday but its my first day back to work after my weekend so it's Monday in my head) and I had a lovely two days off sunbathing an doing around epcot's flower and garden festival and Hollywood studios for a couple of animation classes and fantasmic!! Standard weekend in Orlando!

Time is moving on very quickly, I only have 3.5 months left of my program. Where has the time gone?? The last month has new busy as I have been training for the flower and gardens Twinings Tea Tours. During the festival, 10 UK merchandise cast members give a tour around the tea gardens at work and I was lucky enough to be chosen after putting my name forward to do it. We got training and a script to learn for a month and now once or twice a week I give up to 20 guests a personal tour around the pretty gardens behind the Tea Caddy store in the UK pavilion. I was very nervous on my audition and first tour but last Thursday I did two in one afternoon and think I have got the hang if it now. Guests are very kind telling me they enjoyed it and I was very funny and informative, one guest told my manager "she's just so adorable and previous, I just want to have a cup if tea with her and let her talk" so that's always nice to hear. 

I also put my name forward to become a trainer at work too and had an interview and training and an assessment and now I am a trainer too! So when we get a new cast member in, I get to train them in the merchandise role and tell them all about Disney joy! Hope I don't scare them...I'm sure everyone is like me when they first turn up, right??
I had Bekkie and George visit me a few weeks ago from home which was magical, felt like I'd seen them the day before even though its been 8 months since we last saw each other. They defiantly found the Disney joy...and drank their way around the world in epcot, I'd expect nothing less from those two! I also have my little sister and mum coming out to visit me in about three weeks, very exciting, I can't wait, for them to bring me cadburys Easter eggs!! Haha, and to see them of course. Dad isn't coming out, he's staying at home with the dog, but Alice is very excited to see Disney again as she hasn't been back since she finished her college program nearly two years ago and of course the new fantasy land wasn't there back then so it will be great to show them around.

A few very close friends have left recently, they have come to the end of their program and completed their 12 month contract respectfully, it gets harder and harder to say goodbye everything someone goes home because I am closer to them as I have known them longer. I have started a leaving book, even though these people leave before me, I asked them to write in my book so I have a good collection of nice words to read when I go home in the summer and cry my eyes out because I am not in Disney anymore. But it will be great to see all my friends and family back home again, I do get flashes of homesickness more than often now. I miss my house and being home. But I know that and everyone will be waiting for me when I get home for a big reunion! 

This week we also have eggciting news for the UK pavilion in Epcot, we have an Easter egg hunt, relay race for kids and mr and mrs Easter bunny are coming for a visit everyday for a week! It's part if this years limited magic experiences. Every week and new and limited time only event happens within Disney world. Last week it was and Easter egg hunt around the world showcase which was big fun, this week it's our visitors and entertainment Easter joy in the UK, as well as an Easter parade in magic kingdom. So we are all taking spare clothes to work to change into at lunchtime and go have our photo taken with the Easter bunnies! My mum has sent me an Easter package from home, I hope it arrives soon, I need cadburys chocolate, my stash is running low at home!! I have no idea when Easter is because I have no sense of time in this Disney bubble, I still think it's last summer when I first got here. The weather is so gorgeous at the moment (apart from the little tornado warning we got yesterday afternoon but we were all ok) 70mph winds and rain come and go, but the blue sky and sunshine joy last and is very frequent in my beloved Orlando!

No comments:

Post a Comment